Answered By: Reference Desk
Last Updated: Mar 17, 2020     Views: 167

Through Clarion University Libraries' cooperative agreements, library users have direct access to many library collections. Rules vary by library and by user category (student or faculty). Sometimes an authorization form from Clarion may be required to use collections. The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) libraries lend books directly to visiting faculty and students. Your University ID is needed to borrow materials from these institutions. Here is a list of the PASSHE universities and a map showing their locations.  Be sure to check details before your visit to another library.


Clarion University participates in the Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc. (PALCI) which permits students, faculty, and staff to borrow materials directly from other academic libraries. The complete list of participating libraries in the consortium is available here:

Before visiting one of these libraries, obtain an authorization form from the Carlson Library or Suhr Library Circulation Desk. Present the completed form and your University ID to the PALCI member library when borrowing items. You are responsible for returning all materials to the lending library by the assigned due date.